Mouse over the image to zoom
Explore your backcountry with confidence in the Blizzard II snowshoes. Made with a lightweight yet sturdy aluminum frame, these high-performance snowshoes are equipped with high carbon steel crampons that ensure multidirectional traction in all terrains and conditions. The Contact Harness with BOA closure system ensures a 360-degree retention of your foot for amazing comfort and optimal support.
Style number : 1493049
TechA single Boa® Closure System combined with a heel raiser make for a rugged, dependable construction ready to tackle the backcountry.
- 6061-T6 aluminum anodized frame: Light and sturdy
- V-RAIL crampons: Maximum traction uphill, traverse and downhill
- Single Boa® Closure System: User-friendly, winter-proof and lifetime warranty. "The best closure system on the market"
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Contour frame: Proven ergonomics for a natural stride and optimized surface area with great snow shedding capacities
- Connect fastener system: Durable fastening system offers an optimized lateral traction with eco-friendly design
- Lightec decking: Resistant, light, and flexible up to -40°C
- Traxion HCS front crampons: Multidirectional traction for all terrains and snow conditions. Made with high carbon steel
- Freeflex pivot: Provides shock absorption and free foot rotation on axle for an efficient stride
- Contact harness system with EVA padding: 360-degree retention for optimal support on various terrain conditions
- Gradient heel raiser: Reduces calf fatigue while climbing
- 825 User weight: 100 - 220 lb / 45 - 100 kg
- 825 Snowshoes weight: 4.7 lb / 2.1 kg
- 930 User weight: 150 - 250 lb / 68 - 113 kg
- 930 Snowshoes weight: 5.4 lb / 2.4 kg
- 1036 User weight: 200 - 300 lb / 90 - 136 kg
- 1036 Snowshoes weight: 5.9 lb / 2.7 kg
- Sizing Chart
SNOWSHOES MODEL USER WEIGHT (LB) USER WEIGHT (KG) 825 100 - 200 45 - 91 930 150 - 250 68 - 113 1036 200 - 300 90 - 136
DescriptionExplore your backcountry with confidence in the Blizzard II snowshoes. Made with a lightweight yet sturdy aluminum frame, these high-performance snowshoes are equipped with high carbon steel crampons that ensure multidirectional traction in all terrains and conditions. The Contact Harness with BOA closure system ensures a 360-degree retention of your foot for amazing comfort and optimal support.
1 Customer Review(s)I bought my Blizzard II snowshoes in January 2016 even though we didn't have any snow on the ground. We eventually got enough that I was able to use them, and all I can say is these are some GREAT snowshoes.
The bindings are super comfortable, super secure, and super easy to get into and out of. They fit all sizes of boots, from my Keen Koven Polar boots I use for local treks in milder weather to my huge Sorel Conquests for subzero temps and deep snow. The control is excellent, with the snowshoes tracking well and not feeling loose on the feet. I'm very impressed with the BOA closure for its speed, adjustability, and compatibility with gloves.
Traction is excellent on loose and compacted powder, and the crampons punch through icy crust as well. On ascents, descents, and traverses, footing is very secure and extra care doesn't have to be given to foot placement. Flotation is about what I'd expect given that my weight is near the upper limit for the size - I sink, but not excessively so, thanks to the large surface area.
I found the snowshoes to be very rugged; thanks to a very light snowfall this year there were a lot of fallen branches, rocks, and roots to step on and trip over, yet the decking is intact and the frame is straight and remarkably scratch-free. The black, grey, and lime green colors are very attractive without being gaudy. I like the striped, graphic-free deck.
I like these Blizzard II snowshoes better than the Tubbs I've used for the previous 3 or 4 winters, and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. Louis Garneau has a very impressive product here, and I recommend the Blizzard II snowshoes with absolutely no reservations.
Quality Price Value
Write Your Own Review